I finally got around to compositing this latest image from a photo-shoot that took place last winter. I had the idea for this one in my head for quite a while, but I never could find the right image to blend in with the model. I found this one lurking in my archives, and after a few hours of messing around with it, here it is:
The bulk of the work for this shot was done in Eyeon Fusion 5.3. I tried to get the same look going in Photoshop, but it was just to cumbersome to work with. The main trick to this photo, is i’m taking a bunch of luminance keys of her face, inverting some, and leaving some as positives, and combining them all together. This matte is then used to punch a hole through the BG to reveal a blurred version of the BG behind her. A few other colour corrections here and there, and then it was brought into Photoshop for the final touches.
I’m really happy with the way this one turned out! If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to ask!